The Great British Bake off returned to our screens this week for its much anticipated ninth series. The biggest baking show on TV features amateur bakers from across the UK putting their cooking skills to the test to produce sweet and savoury morsels for judging.
With this in mind, our blog this week features a sweet treat you can create at home; Galaxy Chocolate Cheesecake.
Here at Pescod Square, we love Galaxy Chocolate – so, what better than to pair this smooth and creamy chocolate with a cheesecake. This recipe is really easy to make and, unlike in the Bake Off tent, there’s no baking involved. This means there’s no need to work up a sweat or feel any stress!
For the base:
- 125g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- 125g Digestives
- 115g Unsalted Butter (melted)
For the filling:
- 200g Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 300ml Double Cream
- 200g Galaxy Chocolate (melted)
- Grated Chocolate (using a potato peeler)
- Alternative garnish (white grated chocolate, sprinkles, nuts, Galaxy Ripple/Galaxy Caramel)
- Grease the base of a circular loose-bottomed tin with a little butter.
- Make the base by putting your biscuits in a clear plastic bag and using a rolling pin to crush them up.
- Add the biscuits to the melted butter and stir together. Put the mixture in the base of the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Whip the double cream, add the cream cheese and mix it all together. Create a swirl effect by adding the chocolate in last and mixing together lightly. Alternatively, you can mix the chocolate in thoroughly for a light brown, coloured mix.
- Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and smooth.
- Decorate the cheesecake with your garnish of choice and chill overnight to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Head to Poundland in Pescod Square, where you’ll find a range of Galaxy Chocolate, as well as Lotus Biscoff and Digestive Biscuits, for you to make this mouth-watering cheesecake recipe.